June 28, 2009

Altered Postcard No. 1 Energy Body: Inspiration

For me, the challenge of altering the first postcard was actually changing a piece of Taryn's artwork that I thought looked incredible the way it was. Inspired by a recent yoga class, I gave the piece the working title of Energy Body. This became my jumping off point. With a little help from a Marlborogh ad from a 1960s TIME magazine and gold puffy paint, I was able to add something that I felt built on the feeling of the piece that it had the first time I saw it.

1 comment:

  1. How interesting that you can take a piece of art that stands alone, interpret it creatively and make it into a completely unique piece that works - without changing the integrity of the original. You two have quite a meeting of the creative minds. Can't wait to see the next one!!

    ReplyDelete